Thursday, July 16, 2009

Grand Opening of the Tasting Room!


This weekend is the official Grand Opening of In Vino Veritas - my new tasting room @ 118 North St in Healdsburg. Both Saturday and Sunday I will be there wine and food in hand - pretty exciting for a small producer like myself and in these times. Hope you can make it out - stop in and let me know you saw this!

So in anticipation of a big weekend and harvest about 4 weeks away, I am trying to relax a little. Right at the moment I am sitting on the deck with a glass of Point Reyes Blanc de Noir bubbly, looking out at my vineyard and making plans to vacation through Oregon. Wine tasting will be mandatory- always great for me to see what the rest of the world is doing from time to time.

Speaking of the vineyard- it is looking really good! The growth is looking balanced, berries smaller than I am used to- but just those two factors are making it look like a good year for Tempranillo winemaking- very excited to see the outcome. Frank is saying that it looks like harvest for this vineyard will be the end of September as we are not seeing the berries change color yet- unusual for this varietal.

Well, I have shrimp to put on the barbie and more bubbly to drink - more to come as harvest is coming! Hope to see you at the tasting room,
The Mustang Winemaker

No comments:

Tempranillo Twitter- follow me

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog to Twitter